söndag 17 maj 2015

More than sewing

Sewing is not the only things I do. When I unpacking after the event I thought that it would be nice to take and share a photo of these three wooden boxes that I painted over ten years ago and use for storing hair stuff, medicines, contacts etc and jewellery.


The brown one with the lady getting her hair dressed is based on an English manuscript c, 1340. The shield on it shows the arms I used in another medieval group and needs to be re-painted to show my SCA device.

The blue one holds (some of) my jewellery and has a scene form Yvain, the Lion Knight, adapted from a German wall hanging from the first part of the 14th century. It's a bit hard to see, but he's holding a very large invisibility ring in his hand.

The green one has a naughty scene from the Codex Manesse. In this case there's no relation between the decoration and the things I keep in it, but I liked it. It also has an "A" on it, since my name in the SCA is Aleydis.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar