söndag 6 mars 2016

New outfits and a baronial investiture

So, as is probably clear by now, I "play" in the Society for Creative Anachronism. And in a moment of madness/enthusiasm my friend Måns and I decided to enter the baronial polling of Gotvik, where we live. And we ended up being both chosen and accepted by the King and Queen, which meant that much sewing took place.

We decided to go in for the period c 1250-1330, which we both like a lot. I made a page on our outfits here, with more photos, where you see the clothes better, and info on construction etc. But here are some photos from the ceremony taken by my friend Alfhild de Foxley.

We swear on the baronial coronets.


The Princess of Nordmark puts the coronet on my head.


As the reprecentative of the lands of Gotvik I then choose my baron and place the crown on his head (yes, we like courtly romances).




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar