tisdag 17 januari 2017

Historical Paisley shawls

I love it when museum's digitize their collections! This time it's the Paisley museum and Art gallery. The project isn't finished yet (should be finished by June 3rd), but here's a nice newspaper article about the project.



And here's me, in my only Paisley shawl. Though made in India, as they originally were, and not in Scotland. And new, it's from PACS (Pan Asia Cooperation Society), an organization that has craft centres and schools, support women's health services etc in Pakistan and India. They're non-religious and non political, and in 1992 I had the privilege to visit some of their schools in Lahore, Pakistan, as part of my teacher's education. They have two shops in Gothenburg, and one of them had the shawl.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar